22April 22, 2014
5:30-6:30pm Questions for the AOC @ Flying Saucer – conference room
Join us as David Byrne from the AOC talks about how to write a successful motion for expert funds. Here’s your chance to ask your AOC questions to someone who really knows! - Hosted by the NBA Criminal Justice Committee
24April 24, 2014
11am LRIS Committee Meeting
12pm NBF Trustees Meeting
May 1-4, 2014
The South East Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates (SEABOTA) is holding its Annual Conference at Nashville’s Omni Hotel. The theme of the conference is Civics, Civility and Trial by Jury, and features special guest speaker Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. view details/Register
02May 2, 2014
12pm ADR Committee Meeting
06May 6, 2014
NBA CLE: Dan's "Top Ten List:" Practice Tips for General Sessions Court view details
3:30pm NBA Board Meeting
6-8pm Dial-A-Lawyer Call in Public Service - 615-242-9272
07May 7, 2014
3pm Diversity Committee High School Intern Program Interviews
14May 14, 2014
12:30pm Real Estate Comm Mtg
NBA CLE: Hot Topics in Real Estate Law: Avoiding Mortgage Fraud and Other Hazards & Real Estate Title Best Practices view details
May 15, 2014
11am Spring Memorial Service @ Downtown Presbyterian Church
12pm Federal Court Comm. Mtg.
12pm Annual Golf Tournament @ Vanderbilt Legends Club in Franklin view details
News & Events
- SEABOTA Annual Conf. Featuring Sandra Day O'Connor The South East Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates (SEABOTA) is holding its Annual Conference on May 1- 4, 2014 at Nashville’s Omni Hotel. The theme of the conference is Civics, Civility and Trial by Jury, and features special guest speaker Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.
- Annual Memorial Service The NBA's annual Memorial Service will be conducting its 106th service on Thursday, May 15, 2014 at the Downtown Presbyterian Church.
- Lawyers for Littles A night of fun for a great cause! Thursday, June 26, 2014 at Hillwood Strike and Spare.
- Nashville Bar Foundation Announces Grant Recipients The NBF,announced four local organizations that received grants to support their respective, law-related educational and charitable initiatives. Congratulations to the the follow recipients: The Family Center, Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, Mental Health America of Middle Tennessee and Nashville Community Education.
- Primary Election Poll Results The NBA Candidate Evaluation Committee recently conducted a poll of NBA members to solicit their opinions about the May 6th Primary Election. We are asked members to evaluate all candidates for judicial, court clerk, district attorney, and public defender positions.
- NBJ: The Beatles and the Nashville Bar Foundation Present: The NBF Leadership Forum The NBF Leadership Forum will provide approximately 25 members of the Nashville Bar Association who have practiced between 3-8 years with innovative opportunities to learn, collaborate, network, and serve the community. Learn More About this Endeavor
- Nashville Bar Foundation: GavelNotes AppThe NBF's has developed an app called GavelNotes for the iPad and iPhone. Using the app, you can access the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure, and Evidence, as well as the state rules for Tennessee, Illinois and Kentucky.
- CLE Commission Recommends Changes to Rule 21 The Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization recently filed a “Petition to Amend Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 21 Governing the Requirements of Continuing Legal Education.”
- Lawyer2Lawyer Mentor/Protégé
NBA Lawyer2Lawyer Program is a
web-based resource designed to connect experienced attorneys with newer attorneys who desire assistance with substantive legal issues or the personal and professional demands of practicing law. Our “Mentors” are seasoned attorneys who are committed to offering guidance and direction to help elevate the competence, professionalism, and success of newer NBA lawyers.
>> Sign-up as a Mentor or Protégé
- Health Care Notice Requirement is Approaching The NBA, through its affiliation with IPSCO, has access (at reduced prices) to a new technology, which allows businesses to easily determine if healthcare reform can benefit them and help their employees find the best way to consume health insurance under the new law.
- NBJ: Changes Are Coming to Our Nashville Bar Foundation For much of 2013, the Foundation's Trustees have been working on a plan to recast the Foundation as a more active participant in our legal community. In an October 2013 Nashville Bar Journal article the plan is described in detail.
- Rule 9 Amendment Order with AppendixSupreme Court Order, with attached Appendix, filed August 30, 2013 under numbers M2012-01648-SC-RL2-RL and M2009-02505-SC-RL2-RL, amending Supreme Court Rule 9.
- Appellate Practice Handbook - Updated The NBA Appellate Practice Committee has recently updated the Appellate Practice Handbook.
- Local Rules of Davidson County Juvenile Court The revised local rules for the Davidson County Juvenile Court will take effect July 1, 2013.
- 2012 Annual Report for the Metropolitan General Sessions Court The 2012 Annual Report for the Metropolitan General Sessions Court of Nashville-Davidson County is available for review.
- Jim Cooper Law Day Speech Congressman Jim Cooper spoke at the NBA's Law Day Luncheon held on May 1, 2013. Read a copy of his speech here.
- PD's Office "Take this Book:" A Guide to the Criminal Court System The Metropolitan Public Defender's Office is pleased to offer this book to assist clients, their families, and members of the public to better understand how local criminal justice system works.
edición española: Coja este libro: Una guía del sistema en las Cortes Penales
- Chancery Online Access Tool: The Office of the Clerk and Master invites you to access their new online tool Chancery CIA.
- Use of Metro Public Wireless View the acceptance procedure & download the form.
- It's Your Move - NBA Capital Campaign Thank you to all of the campaign supporters.
- Video Conferencing at TDOC SitesCommunicate with clients through video conferencing at any TDOC site.
- Join the NBA
- Register for a CLE
- Find an Attorney
- NBA Young Lawyer Division
- Member Benefits
- Nashville Bar Journal
- Classified Listing