News & Events
- Poll Results: TN Supreme Court Vacancy View the results from the Candidate Evaluation Poll for the Tennessee Supreme Court Judge Vacancy.
- CLE Commission Recommends Changes to Rule 21 The Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization recently filed a “Petition to Amend Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 21 Governing the Requirements of Continuing Legal Education.”
- Lawyer2Lawyer Mentor/Protégé
NBA Lawyer2Lawyer Program is a
web-based resource designed to connect experienced attorneys with newer attorneys who desire assistance with substantive legal issues or the personal and professional demands of practicing law. Our “Mentors” are seasoned attorneys who are committed to offering guidance and direction to help elevate the competence, professionalism, and success of newer NBA lawyers.
>> Sign-up as a Mentor or Protégé
- Health Care Notice Requirement is Approaching The NBA, through its affiliation with IPSCO, has access (at reduced prices) to a new technology, which allows businesses to easily determine if healthcare reform can benefit them and help their employees find the best way to consume health insurance under the new law.
- NBJ: Changes Are Coming to Our Nashville Bar Foundation For much of 2013, the Foundation's Trustees have been working on a plan to recast the Foundation as a more active participant in our legal community. In an October 2013 Nashville Bar Journal article the plan is described in detail.
- Annual Memorial Service The NBA's annual Memorial Service will be conducting its 106th service on Thursday, May 22, 2014 at the Downtown Presbyterian Church.
- Rule 9 Amendment Order with AppendixSupreme Court Order, with attached Appendix, filed August 30, 2013 under numbers M2012-01648-SC-RL2-RL and M2009-02505-SC-RL2-RL, amending Supreme Court Rule 9.
- Appellate Practice Handbook - Updated The NBA Appellate Practice Committee has recently updated the Appellate Practice Handbook.
- Local Rules of Davidson County Juvenile Court The revised local rules for the Davidson County Juvenile Court will take effect July 1, 2013.
- 2012 Annual Report for the Metropolitan General Sessions Court The 2012 Annual Report for the Metropolitan General Sessions Court of Nashville-Davidson County is available for review.
- Jim Cooper Law Day Speech Congressman Jim Cooper spoke at the NBA's Law Day Luncheon held on May 1, 2013. Read a copy of his speech here.
- PD's Office "Take this Book:" A Guide to the Criminal Court System The Metropolitan Public Defender's Office is pleased to offer this book to assist clients, their families, and members of the public to better understand how local criminal justice system works.
edición española: Coja este libro: Una guía del sistema en las Cortes Penales
- Chancery Online Access Tool: The Office of the Clerk and Master invites you to access their new online tool Chancery CIA.
- Use of Metro Public Wireless View the acceptance procedure & download the form.
- It's Your Move - NBA Capital Campaign Thank you to all of the campaign supporters.
- Video Conferencing at TDOC SitesCommunicate with clients through video conferencing at any TDOC site.
- Join the NBA
- Register for a CLE
- Find an Attorney
- NBA Young Lawyer Division
- Member Benefits
- Nashville Bar Journal
- Classified Listing